I can’t believe a month has gone by so fast. I had high hopes of accomplishing so much this month but it just didn’t happen. I did manage to get the books and taxes complete. Yeah! I am good for another year. I have also completed the last of the evening gowns that I have been sewing. It turned out quite well and my daughter is happy with it. I used Butterick pattern #5882 and made a few modifications as you can see in the photo.
Bonnie has also been very busy. Besides teaching an eight week long sampler quilt class, a machine quilting class and a binding class at Fabricana in Richmond she has pulled out some of her UFO’s (we all seem to have them) and we have had brainstorming sessions on how to incorporate some of these original ideas into new quilts.
She used the block you saw in last month’s blog for her binding class and here you can see it completed. We are quite happy with the block and are going to develop it into a new quilt pattern. Many of the fabrics used here are Cantik Batiks by Andover Fabrics. We really enjoy working with this line of fabrics and plan use them again in future projects.
Bonnie has also been work on an interesting technique for applique. We plan to develop this further and hopefully it will become the feature of a new quilt pattern. Here is a sneak preview of the block.
And finally, she has finished a quilt top using a Double Disappearing Nine-patch technique. In the photo the blocks have yet to be stitch together but you can get an idea of what the finished quilt will look like. It is fascinating to see how a very traditional quilt block can be manipulated to produce a quilt with a much more contemporary feel.
That is about all we have to share this month. Happy sewing, quilting etc. and hopefully we will have more to share next month.